A Bill to make provision for state-maintained schools to promote the mental health and well-being of their pupils alongside academic attainment
Make provision for state maintained schools to promote the mental health and wellbeing of their pupils alongside academic attainment.
Be it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
(1) Section 78 of the Education Act 2002 (general requirements in relation to curriculum) is amended as follows.
(2) After subsection (1)(b), insert—
“(c) promotes the mental health and wellbeing of pupils alongside academic attainment.”
(1) This Act extends to England and Wales only.
(2) This Act comes into force after the period of six months beginning with the day on which this Act is passed.
(3) This Act may be cited as the Schools (Mental Health and Wellbeing) Act 2017.