A Bill to lower the gestational time limit for abortion to 12 weeks
Lower the gestational time limit for abortion to twelve weeks.
Be it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and
consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present
Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
(1) Section 1 of the Abortion Act 1967 (medical termination of pregnancy) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1), paragraph (a), for “twenty-fourth” substitute “twelfth”.
(1) This Act extends to England and Wales only.
(2) This Act comes into force twelve months after the day on which it is passed.
(3) This Act may be cited as the Abortion (Foetus Protection) Act 2017.
There are no notes available for this bill.
There are no other documents available for this bill.