A Bill to require Her Majesty’s Government to introduce a Bill to regulate health and social care professions.
Require Her Majesty’s Government to introduce a Bill to regulate health and social care professions.
Be it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
(1) Within three months of the day on which this Act is passed, Her Majesty’s Government shall introduce into Parliament a bill to give effect to the recommendations of the Law Commission, the Scottish Law Commission and the Northern Ireland Law Commission (“the Law Commissions”) on the regulation of health care professionals, and the regulation of social care professionals in England (Cm 8839, April 2014).
(2) When the bill is introduced under subsection (1), the Secretary of State shall confirm that in his or her view the Bill is substantially based on the draft Regulation of Health and Social Care Professions Etc. Bill prepared by the Law Commissions.
(1) This Act extends to England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
(2) This Act comes into force on the day on which it is passed.
(3) This Act may be cited as the Regulation of Health and Social Care Professions Etc. Act 2016.