A Bill to make provision about the publication of information related to the differences in remuneration between ethnic groups.
Make provision about the publication of information related to differences in remuneration between ethnic groups.
Be it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
(1) The Secretary of State must by regulations made by statutory instrument require employers to report on the remuneration of employees for the purpose of showing whether there are differences in the remuneration of employees from different ethnic groups.
(2) Regulations made under subsection (1) may not require the following employers to report—
(a) an employer with fewer than 250 employees;
(b) an organisation specified in Schedule 19 to the Equality Act 2010 (public authorities);
(c) a government department or part of the armed forces.
(3) Regulations made under subsection (1) may specify—
(a) what information about employers must be included in the report;
(b) what information about employees must be included in the report;
(c) the way in which an employer must calculate the number of its employees;
(d) when and how frequently employers must report;
(e) the form and manner in which employers must report.
(4) Regulations under subsection (1) may not require an employer to report more frequently than once in every 12 month period, subsequent to the first report.
(5) Regulations must provide that failure to report is an offence punishable on summary conviction by a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.
(6) Regulations may not be made under subsection (1) unless a draft of the instrument containing the regulations has been laid before, and approved by a resolution of, each House of Parliament.
(1) This Act extends to England and Wales.
(2) This Act comes into force on the day on which it is passed.
(3) This Act may be cited as the Ethnicity Pay Gap Act 2016.