A bill to make provision for the accreditation of child contact centres; and for connected purposes.
Make provision for the accreditation of child contact centres; and for connected purposes.
(1) Any child contact centre or organisation that offers facilities or services for child contact must be accredited by the National Association of Child Contact Centres (“NACCC”).
(2) The contact centre must be accredited for either—
(a) supported contact, or
(b) supervised contact,
as the NACCC deems appropriate having regard to the facilities or services the contact centre provides.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (1), the accreditation must not have expired.
(4) The NACCC may not accredit a contact centre unless the contact centre adheres to the NACCC’s standards for accreditation and re-accreditation, as amended from time to time.
(5) After section 10 of the Children Act 2004, (co-operation to improve well-being) insert—
Each local authority in England has a duty to ensure that any and all facilities used for child contact by the local authority are accredited by the National Association of Child Contact Centres.”
(6) After section 11A(2) of the Children Act 1989 (activity directions) insert—
“(2ZA) In making an activity direction in respect of the matters in subsection (1A)(c) and (1A)(d), the court must specify that any contact which is to take place in a child contact centre may only take place in a child contact centre which is accredited by the National Association of Child Contact Centres.”
(7) In this section—
“child contact centre” means an organisation that offers facilities or services which support or supervise child contact;
“child contact” means contact with any person with whom a child does not live.
(1) This Acts extends to England only.
(2) Section 1 comes into force at the end of the period of two months beginning with the day on which this Act is passed.
(3) This section comes into force on the day on which this Act is passed.
(4) This Act may be cited as the Child Contact Centres (Accreditation) Act 2016.