A Bill to amend the Bread and Flour Regulations 1998 to require flour to be fortified with folic acid.
Amend the Bread and Flour Regulations 1998 to require flour to be fortified with folic acid.
Be it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
(1) The Bread and Flour Regulations 1998 are amended as follows.
(2) In Column 1 (substance) of Schedule 1 (essential ingredients of flour) insert “Folic acid (Vitamin B9)”.
(3) The Secretary of State shall seek the advice of the Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition before specifying the “required quantity” of folic acid per hundred grams of flour and its “condition of use” for the purposes of Column 2.
(1) This Act extends to England and Wales only.
(2) This Act comes into force on the day on which it is passed.
(3) This Act may be cited as the Bread and Flour Regulations (Folic Acid) Act 2016.
There are no notes available for this bill.
There are no other documents available for this bill.