A Bill to make provision for disability equality in respect of abortions.
Make provision for disability equality in respect of abortions.
Be it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
(1) The Abortion Act 1967 is amended as follows.
(2) Omit section 1(1)(d).
(3) Omit section 5(2)(a).
(4) In section 5(2)(b)—
(a) omit “other”; and
(b) for “applies” substitute “apply”.
(1) This Act extends to England and Wales and Scotland.
(2) Section 1 comes into force at the end of the period of two months beginning with the day on which this Act is passed.
(3) This section comes into force on the day on which this Act is passed.
(4) This Act may be cited as the Abortion (Disability Equality) Act 2016.
There are no notes available for this bill.
There are no other documents available for this bill.